Rivers Agile is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong understanding of human-centered design methodologies who excels at communicating their ideas.
We're tech pros and problem solvers by nature, striving to understand our customer’s needs and unique situations in order to provide the right technology solutions. On any given day we're brainstorming new ideas, creating custom software, and educating the next group of innovators at our code school.
The ideal candidate has strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences and understands what it means to build long term relationships with customers — helping companies unpack complex problems, align their product’s value with the expectations of their users, and craft appropriate solutions.
Our designers follow a human-centered design approach and thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration, and open communication.
- Build Products for People. We keep the end user at the center of our process the whole time, ensuring what we create provides value.
- Conduct Usability Research. We leverage usability research methods to objectively uncover the specific needs and expectations of the users in context.
- Foster Idea Generation. We partner with our clients throughout the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas.
- Craft Actionable Strategies. We prioritize ideas and stay focused, ensuring that functionality and scope don’t increase unnecessarily.
- Evaluate Existing Products. We look at existing products through the lens of user experience industry standards and provide well-founded observations.
- Create Consistency. We construct content, interaction, and visual styles across a product or suite of products, making it easier to build and use.
- Research Trends. We continuously research design and technology trends, and understand when it’s appropriate to use them or forge new paths.
- Have at least 5 years of experience designing for software, web applications, emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Can demonstrated a strong understanding of human-centered design methodologies, including observing and understanding users, generating ideas and making them come to life, and collaboratively working with diverse groups of people
- Are an expert communicator leveraging visual communication skills like sketching, to unpack complex concepts and ensuring everyone is on the same page
- Have exceptional design skills, from creating wireframes to production ready visual designs, as well as design language systems
- Welcome the opportunity to collaboratively drive product vision from business development through design and development
- Proficiency with commonly-used UX design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision app, etc.)
- Welcome the opportunity to mentor less experienced designers
- Understand Agile software development practices