Software Engineer - Full Stack
Rivers Agile specializes in building software products for other small- to medium-sized businesses primarily from our home office. As a “product company for hire,” we form into small teams tasked with the full lifecycle development of a software product. Our engineers are the heart of that. We seek engineers who are lifelong learners, passionate about their craft, and defined by their unique personality, experience, and style. One-trick ponies need not apply.
Location: Our office is on Pittsburgh’s North Shore across from PNC Park. Most of our employees work remotely and come to the office for infrequent meetings. Local candidates are encouraged to apply, but remote candidates are welcomed.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with one or more modern web application frameworks, such as:
- Ruby on Rails
- ASP.NET MVC
- Bootstrap, material design, or others
- Proficient with server-side technologies (Node.js, Ruby, Java, Python, .NET, etc.)
- Competency working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in implementing robust user interfaces backed by enterprise-grade APIs and complex data models
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
- Reliably functions as an individual contributor to break down, define, estimate, design, and complete stories with minimal technical oversight as a member of a team
- Experience operating in all areas of the application lifecycle from inception through maintenance
- Delivers quality solutions to clients, closely adhering to accepted definitions of done and operating with an attitude of excellence
- Takes ownership of their responsibilities and demonstrates integrity, work ethic, professionalism, and diversity in working with others
- Participates in company activities, such as recruiting, training, and team building.
- Adapts to change and ambiguity in a resourceful, positive, and professional manner
- Applies technical and industry knowledge to offer creative and relevant solutions to our clients
Package: salaried position, bonus program, full benefits (medical, dental, vision, supplementary), holidays, paid time off, 401(k) plan, good work-life balance